Need to recover a debt?
While it might be sensible to write off a small debt, large amounts should not be forgotten about.
Our cost-effective debt recovery service can help. Letters of demand, telephone pursuit and when necessary, court proceedings can all be accomplished quickly and efficiently.
To get started, copy your invoices and correspondence and send an e-mail inquiry to us. We will reply with an honest assessment of the costs and prospects in tracking down the debtor and putting the money owed to you back into your hands.
MISLEADING AND DECEPTIVE CONDUCT
The Australian Consumer Law (ACL) offers robust protection against corporate misconduct especially in relation to the supply of services and sale of goods. A wide range of relief is available including compensation and injunctions. In many cases the statutory prohibition against misleading/deceptive conduct; unfair terms and unconscionable conduct cannot be contracted out of or varied.
This means that regardless of the contractual position, a party may still be able to obtain relief against an offending corporation or supplier.
Consumers and small business (less than 20 employees) are also protected against unfair terms in “standard form” contracts for the supply of goods or services. A term may be “unfair” for many reasons including, if:
- it would cause a significant imbalance in the parties’ rights and obligations arising under the contract; and
- it is not reasonably necessary in order to protect the legitimate interests of the party who would be advantaged by the term; and
- it would cause detriment (whether financial or otherwise) to a party if it were to be applied or relied on.
Contact us for a review of your contract terms if your are a supplier or – if you are a buyer of goods or services – for advice about whether you can challenge your supply terms.
OFFICE & BUSINESS SUPPLY CONTRACTS
If you are a business with any concerns regarding any of the following in the last 5 years:
- office & business equipment supply/rental contracts
- installment sales of real property
- “cost plus” purchase of trading stock
- rebates in contracts for supply of goods
- “hire purchase” agreements
- “print plan” contracts for office copiers/printers
- exit obstacles & excessive terms (or termination notice periods) in service contracts; waste collection; security monitoring.